Arriving by car
Access for cars is only possible from the Neubaugürtel (Westbahnhof Railway Station) via the traffic-calmed Mariahilfer Strasse zone directly to the garage on Andreasgasse. Access is possible 24/7 except for Saturdays with extended shopping hours during the Advent period.
There is a multi-storey car park diagonally opposite the museum entrance on Andreasgasse:
Attersee Garage for cars
6 Andreasgasse, 1070 Vienna
Tel.: +43 1 526 74 74
Hourly charge of € 2.90; flat rate for nights (18.00 – 24.00) of € 6.00; maximum charge for 24 hours € 19.90 (status as of June 2018; price information supplied without liability).
Access for coaches
Access for coaches is only possible from the Neubaugürtel (Westbahnhof Railway Station) via the traffic-calmed Mariahilfer Strasse zone.
- Coach drivers should drive to the corner of Mariahilfer Strasse/Zieglergasse, where passengers should alight. Passengers then walk approximately 200 metres to the museum at 7 Andreasgasse (straight down Mariahilfer Strasse, turn left into Andreasgasse; the museum is at No. 7 on the left-hand side of the street).
- The coach should then turn left into Zieglergasse and proceed as far as the first set of traffic lights. Turn left here into Lindengasse and keep straight on until it meets the Neubaugürtel.
- At the Neubaugürtel turn right, continuing to the first available coach parking at Neubaugürtel 34–36 (turn onto the slip road at Neubaugürtel 30).
- If there are no free spaces here, the coach should join the Gürtel again, turn left and left again, and drive in the opposite direction on the Gürtel towards 77 Gaudenzdorfer Gürtel (past the Westbahnhof Railway Station).
Coach parking at 34–36 Neubaugürtel, at Arcotel Wimberger
Three coach parking spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets may be obtained at Hotel Wimberger
The first half hour is free, with every subsequent hour costing € 15.00. 24 hours cost € 80.00; flat rate for nights (20.00 to 09.00) € 50.00 (status as of June 2018; price information supplied without liability).
Coach parking at 77 Gaudenzdorfer Gürtel
Five coach parking spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis
Open 24 hours Monday to Sunday
Tel.: +43 1 717 16 0. Operated by APCOA Parking (http://www.apcoa.at/)
Hourly charge of € 16.00; night-time charge (20.00–08.00) to a maximum of € 35.00, daily maximum of € 64.00 (status as of June 2018; price information supplied without liability)
Arriving by train
- From the Westbahnhof (western railway terminal), journey time approximately 5 minutes
Take the eastbound U3 (orange) underground line and alight at Zieglergasse (Exit Andreasgasse)
- From the Station Meidling, journey time approximately 10 minutes
Take the northbound U6 (brown) underground line and alight Westbahnhof, change to U3 (orange) and alight at Zieglergasse (Exit Andreasgasse)
Arriving by air
Journey time approximately 60 minutes from Vienna International Airport by public transport:
- By metropolitan railway ("Schnellbahn")
Take the S7 line to Wien Mitte, then change to the westbound U3 (orange) underground line and alight at Zieglergasse
- By airport bus
At the Wien Mitte terminal change to the westbound U3 (orange) underground line and alight at Zieglergasse